We are offering 4 sessions to help candidates prepare for their Level 2 certification. There is no charge for the training sessions.
Here are the dates for the 2.5 hour sessions:
Sunday, March 1st – 12:30 pm (meet at yurt) – Overview, expectation, teaching skills, basic parallel and skills for free ski
Wednesday, March 6th – 6:30 pm (meet at yurt) – 3 & 4 tracking, teaching skills
Monday, March 11th – 6:30 pm (meet at yurt) – 3 & 4 tracking, teaching skills
Tuesday, March 19th – 6:30 pm (meet at yurt) – teaching skills, exam readiness assessment
Exam: Saturday, April 6th – all day.
Please register for the sessions you would like to attend. Also, please indicate if you are interested in taking the exam on April 6th by registering an “expression of interest” on the registration form.
The requirements for a CADS 2 are:
· a current DSABC membership
· a CADS level I certification
· one season of teaching persons with a disability to ski/snowboard
· 18 hours CSIA/CASI Teaching methodology clinics of CSIA/CASD certification
· 6 hour clinic – teaching Disabled Skiing Methodology
The exam consists of:
1) a segment on teaching knowledge where you will deliver a lesson
2) a 4-run ski off (does not include sitski) – further details on these components will be emailed to those who express interest in taking the exam.
There is a $30 charge for the exam. You will not be charged for this until it is confirmed that you are taking the exam.
Please note that you already have 6 hours CSIA training from your CADS Level I training. You may acquire the additional 12 hours by attending SKIMP sessions and having the instructor sign off on your hours attended.
Those who do have CSIA/CASI certification already have the 18 hours teaching methodology and therefore do not have to take additional hours.
You can also meet the CSIA requirement by completing your CSIA or CASI Level 1. You can get 6 hours for completing the CSIA Prep Course offered on March 9th at Grouse Mountain or you can take your CSIA Level 1 at Grouse. VASS volunteers get a 50% discount on CSIA courses at Grouse Mountain.
For more information, contact Laurie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to register.